- Topics Mentioned
- Operating System(s):
- Server 2008
Ready to learn about Active Directory Users and Groups? Great!
Now, I’m going to assume that you already installed Server 2008 and Active Directory and have your server set up and ready to go.
Today we’ll start with a quick review of Active Directory so you can get a good idea of what’s new in the 2008 version. Then we’ll talk about user and group creation before jumping in to the hands-on demo portion of the video where I’ll show you how to create users and groups.
Here’s what this video covers:
- AD review & what’s new in 2008 — we’ll talk about some of the new toys and capabilities that have been added to Server 2008 AD
- Server Manager — next we’ll take a tour of Server Manager to see where things are and what they do
- AD DS Auditing — using our Verde Petra scenario that we went over in Part 1 I’ll show you how to setup Active Directory auditing
- Renaming Admin user – for server hardening we’re going to rename the primary admin account; this is going to protect our server against any attacks and keep our server secure and safe
- Creating users & groups — now we’re going to create a few user accounts and then we’ll create groups for all of the accounts
- Adding users to groups — I’ll also show you how to add users to different groups
- Event Viewer — we’ll end the video with a quick look at the Event Viewer so you can see where to find all the auditing items
Other Videos in this Series:
- Videos 1: Welcome to Windows Server 2008 Essentials
- Video 2: How to Install Server 2008 and Active Directory
- Video 3: Active Directory Users and Groups in Server 2008
- Video 4: Windows Server Core and DHCP Servers in Server 2008
- Video 5: Windows Server 2008 File and Print Servers
- Video 6: Server 2008 RODC – Read Only Domain Controllers
- Video 7: IIS 7 Web Servers
- Video 8: Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services
- Video 9: WDS – Windows Deployment Services
- Video 10: MCITP Certifications: Exam requirements and upgrade paths
Learn more about Active Directory Networks, certificate services, high availability tools and more with Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Administrator Training.
More Related Posts
- Windows Server 2008: Install Active Directory Domain Services
- Windows Server 2008: How to Install Active Directory Certificate Services
- New Training Release: Server 2008 Active Directory Training
- Server 2008 Active Directory: Adding a Child Domain
- SBS 2008 vs Windows Server 2008: Adding Users and Computers