- Topics Mentioned
- CompTIA Network+
In this CompTIA Network+ Training video, I’ll explain what firewalls and proxy servers are and how they work. You’ll learn about their core functions and how they are different from one another.
I’ll show you how firewalls control what data is allowed in or out of a network to protect private networks from external intrusion. You’ll also learn about the three main purposes of using a proxy server; disguising an end user’s actual identity using NAT (Network Address Translation), caching requests to save bandwidth, and controlling content permitted to be requested from the Internet.
More Related Posts
- Free Home Server Training Videos Plus Free 120 Day Home Server Trial
- ISA Firewall Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP with a Single IP Address
- ISA Firewall Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP with a Single IP Address: Part 2
- ISA Firewall Publishing OWA and RPC/HTTP with a Single IP Address: Part 3
- Free Intro to Windows Server 2008 Training