We’ve all been there. We’ve caught ourselves checking our smartphones when we should be paying attention to our loved ones or, worse, paying attention to where we’re going (like walking into a bear attack). Life insurance company Foresters has launched a campaign asking families to join the Tech Timeout Challenge, in which everyone abandons their devices for at least an hour per day. To promote the campaign, it released a video Monday showing people completely oblivious to their surroundings while using their phones, including a wife pouring coffee onto her husband’s lap and a dad watching his phone while trying to teach his daughter to swim. While our obsession with technology and how it impacts our personal lives isn’t exactly a new topic, it’s an entertaining reminder that it might be time to at least cut back.
Could you take the pledge? What are some ways you’ve tried to cut back on your technology habits? Let us know in the comments section below or @TrainSignal.
More Related Posts
- Blog Action Day: Technology and The Quest for Green Solutions
- CWTS: Certified Wireless Technology Specialist Certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Certification Guide
- David Davis’ New Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Essentials Video Training
- Using Virtualization Technology to Secure your Network